Sysco Business Skills Academy offer expertise in the housing sector. Sysco have been delivering CIH qualifications for over 10 years and have recently been working with large housing organisations to provide training solutions for their staff. As one of the largest CIH approved centres in the North West, Sysco have delivered CIH training to over 500 individuals since 2011. We have delivered tailored training packages to clients including ForViva, Adactus and Stockport Homes. At Sysco we offer a range of accredited and non-accredited training packages tailored to suit your individual requirements.
We are able to provide both Apprenticeship Standards and commercial courses accredited by the Chartered Institute of Housing. This means that we are able to provide a training solution for your organisation whatever the circumstances. Apprenticeship Standards can be funded through use of the Apprenticeship Levy or by the Government and have set time frames whilst commercial courses can be completed in a shorter time frame. Below we have detailed the commercial CIH Housing training programmes we have available at levels 3, 4 and 5. Click here to see our Housing Apprenticeship qualifications
Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH)
Sysco Business Skills Academy has a proven track record in the development and delivery of CIH accredited training for individuals working within organisations at corporate and SME level. The CIH is the largest awarding body for Housing qualifications and Sysco are one of the the largest providers of CIH qualifications in the North West. We are accredited by the CIH to deliver qualifications in Housing at Level 2, 3 and 4 commercially. In addition, we deliver the complete learning and development programmes for the new Apprenticeship standards (Level 2, 3 and 4) and develop courses that are tailored specifically to meet the training and development needs of the businesses we work with.
Sysco Business Skills Academy also incorporates CIH qualifications in our delivery of the new Apprenticeship Standards. Delivery is designed entirely to suit the needs of both employer and learner including blended learning solutions that incorporate on-line e-learning.
Standalone CIH Qualifications
- Housing provision and housing organisations
- Customer care in the housing context
- Careers and opportunities in housing
- Developing skills for working in housing
This course is suitable for:
- People who are new to housing or work in a frontline position who want to improve their general awareness of housing issues
- People not currently working in housing but considering a frontline housing position as a career option
- Tenants and residents wishing to enhance their knowledge of housing issues
All learners study the following five core units which provide essential underpinning knowledge for working in housing organisations:
- The Housing System
- Professional Practice Skills for Housing
- Occupancy, Tenure and Lettings
- Rental Income Management
- Dealing with ASB in Housing
Gaining a qualification is a great way to develop your career prospects. Qualifications at this level will enable you to be an effective housing practitioner and will provide you with a broader understanding of how your organisation and others in the housing industry work.
You will gain valuable skills including:
- Researching and report writing
- Evaluating your organisation's approach to housing issues
- Reflecting on your own professional practice
- Planning ahead for your own development
To apply for this programme you should be working in either a paid or voluntary capacity in housing and also meet one of the criteria below:
- Have completed as a minimum the level 2 certificate in housing practice
- Have completed an equivalent level 2 qualification
- Financing for housing
- Housing law
- Housing policy
- Professional practice skills for housing
- Housing management
- Strategies for promoting independent living & well-being
- Managing people and change
- Research skills for housing
To join the programme you should, as a minimum requirement, have completed one of the following:
- The CIH level 3 Certificate in Housing Practice
- An equivalent level 3 qualification
You will be asked to provide evidence of your qualifications and/or your experience of working in the housing sector as part of the application process.