Course Format: Video / Interactive
Course Duration: 30 / 60 Minutes
The Disability Discrimination Act 1995 brought in measures to prevent discrimination against people. DDA covers a very broad area and has a number of parts relating to specific sectors such as employment, transport, service provision and local authorities etc.
Who is it for?
- New employees
- Customer Service
This course is a guide to understanding disability and discrimination.
- What is the scope of the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA)
- Overview of the Act
Disability and Discrimination
- What is disability?
- What is discrimination?
Disability Discrimination Act
- What is the scope and need of DDA?
- How to comply with DDA
- What are the accessibility related issues faced by disabled people?
- Accessibility for the hearing impaired
- Access to the premises
- How can we provide disabled people with better accessibility?
Steps to Improve Accessibility
- What are the essential steps to improve accessibility?
- Training staff and advertising good practices
- Revising the rule
- How to encourage disabled people to respond to employment opportunities?
- Application and interview process
- Work Environment
- What are the necessary adjustments to be made for disabled people?
Personal Emergency Egress Plan
- What is PEEP?
- How to devise PEEP